Moreishly juicy Rangitikei Butterflied Peri Peri Chicken with grilled potato rounds and a zesty chimichurri drizzle.
TIME: 1 hour
- 1 Rangitikei Butterflied Peri Peri Chicken
- 4 medium agria potatoes
Rocket chimichurri sauce:
- 1 cup rocket, very finely chopped
- ½ cup Italian parsley, very finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Slice the potatoes into 1cm thick rounds. Place in a pot and cover with cold salted water and bring to the boil. Cook until just tender. Drain and set aside.
Preheat the BBQ to medium-high heat and cook the chicken as per packet instructions until golden, charred and cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, make the chimichurri by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and seasoning to taste with salt & pepper.
When ready, remove the chicken from the BBQ and leave to rest for about 10 – 15 minutes. While the chicken is resting, grill the parboiled potatoes for about 5 minutes each side until crisp and golden.
Butcher the chicken into quarters and serve on a platter with the grilled potatoes and chimichurri sauce.